Hi All – Cleared my CISSP. First attempt - 107 questions with 45 min left. Thank you all for the support, in the FB group and Telegram.
Experience: 7 years into IT Audit and CISA certified.
Study Materials used:
1. Sybex 8th edition – At least three times
2. Study Notes and Theory – Videos under each domain. Highly recommend it.
5. YouTube videos - Destination Certification, PowerCert Animated
Practice questions: Lost count of them – Should be min 4000
1. Sybex 8th edition - questions after each chapter
2. Sybex Wiley Practice exams – came with #1
3. SNT Practice questions – Phew!
4. (ISC)2 official practice test 2nd edition
5. AIO 8th Edition – Questions after each chapter and comprehensive assessment.
6. IT Dojo and Adam Gordan - Practice questions
7. Questions posted in FB, Telegram and random websites.
On an average, I got 70% to 80% except SNT’s, where I got 50-60%. But read why the other choices in the answers are wrong.
Exam experience & Advise:
1. Highly recommend getting SNT subscription. I got it only for a month and totally worth it. It helps you understand the concept and not just memorize.
2. Exam questions were not like any of the practice exams – Maybe Sybex was the closest.
3. Most of the questions were not very complicated or technical. If you have read the Sybex, understood the basic concept - you should be able to answer them. Think like a manager and pick an answer that is at a high level.
4. Read Read Read the question. The moment I read a question I knew the answer. However, when I re-read it - there was a small hint/condition that changed the answer.
5. I wasn’t confident till I entered the test centre – Guess you can never be fully prepared for this exam :) Just go for it.
All the best!