Thank you all for your constant help and support. Happy to share that I have cleared CISSP exam today!
Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes, 103 questions. #firstattempt
I would like to share my experience below and will also write my story separately to encourage and motivate people as it was on & off journey for me from 2017.
I had to change my plans due to professional and personal commitments. I again started in June-2018 with focused approach and decided to complete this certification before end of this year. My ultimate aim was to get/acquire knowledge as much as I can throughout this journey and also clear this certification exam.
General information about my background:
1) 7+ years of experience ( Network security, IT Risk management and IT audit - process and technical)
2) CISA, CRISC, CCSK, ISO27001:2013, ITIL v3, CCNA certified
Books and Material used:
1) Sybex 7th edition
2) Kelly's videos
3) LinkedIn learning videos (Mike)
4) CBT nuggets
5) Google and youtube, random materials
6) CISSP Guide (Madunix)
7) 11th hour book
8) Sunflower pdf
9) SNT paid membership (Luke's videos)
10) AIO (Limited topics only)
1) Sybex Practice questions (1300)
2) Mcgraw hill (1000+)
3) Safari website - CISSP exam cram 4th edition (1000+)
4) SNT website (475 questions with full explanations)
5) Sybex and AIO book (1000)
1. This is indeed one of the toughest exam. To choose correct option out of remaining two options was challenging and test your patience throughout the exam even though you have good experience and studied hard for the exam. Keep calm and remain focused !!
2. Think like a manager, Choose high level answer. Avoid choosing solutions and focus on process, policies, and documentation!
3. Focus on accuracy for first 1 hour and try to provide as much accurate answers as possible for first 40-50 questions. If plan A fails, follow point#1 :)
4. Subscribe SNT membership. Go through Luke's videos and attempt all practice questions. Read explanation without fail.This will make you ready for the real exam!
Thank you so much Luke Ahmed for this wonderful group and supporting me in this journey! #CISSP #DoneandDusted