This is Gokulraj with 6 six year of experience in Security domain.
I passed the exam provisionally on October 01,2017.
Thank you very much Luke Ahmed and everyone on this group for your guidance and support.
“If I can pass then any one can pass” - this is old saying. If you understand the concept then for sure you will pass.
Prepared for almost 5 months with average 5-6 hours /day. Practiced almost 8000 practice question and used the below materials.
You can find Do & Don’ts before the exam in : https://www.studynotesandtheory.com/blog/category/How-To-Crack-The-CISSP
What I wanted to share is “what are the materials available for free” and few tips.
1) Sybex official Study Guide - 7th Edition: ( read twice)
2) Shon harris 7th edition ( read twice)
3) Eric Connard third edition ( read once)
4) Sunflower Study guide
5) My own notes (~200 Pages)
1) Kelly’s Cybrary video ( both old and new) - free resource
2) Shon harris audio: you can download it from https://www.mhprofessionalresources.com/sites/CISSPExams/exam.php?id=AccessControl ( free resource)
1) CISSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests: 8*100 =800 Questions and 2 Practice exam 250*2 = 500 questions
2) https://www.mhprofessionalresources.com/sites/CISSPExams/exam.php?id=AccessControl : ~ 1000+Questions (Free resource)
3) http://booksite.syngress.com/companion/conrad/practice_exams.php : 2 Practice exam 250*2 = 500 questions (Free resource)
4) http://sybextestbanks.wiley.com/course/start/id/102 : 4 practice exam 250*4 = 1000 questions (If you have Sybex 7th edition , it will be asking for access code which u can get it from the book)
5) http://www.gocertify.com/quizzes/isc2-quizzes/cissp-domain-1-security-and-risk-management.html : each domain 10 question (Free resource)
6) http://www.test-questions.com/cissp-test-10.php (Free resource)
7) Simply learn 5 practice exam : 250*5 = 1250 questions
8) Shon harris 7th edition practice questions (~1350 questions)
9) AIO total tester and AIO 4th edition questions (Shon harris): ~1200 questions
Read the question carefully and look for the KEYWORD what they are asking.
Risk management, BCP/DR, SDLC - Very important domain
Understand the concept, memorization won’t help you in any way.
Take sufficient break during exam, you can’t sit for 6 continuous hours - Time constraint is very important.
Have a good sleep before the exam.
All the very best to all of you , ping me on Facebook if you have any doubts.